Bookbug may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
Application IDs: Note that while Bookbug does not generate, store or track any specific user or device ID, we generate a unique ID on the installation of the application that is unique only to that device and installation (i.e if you reinstall the application or install the application on a different device, a new unique ID will be generated for you).
Other Information: Bookbug also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Services metadata. When a user interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way users work. These data are logged by third-party services e.g. Segment and Sentry for use by Bookbug to improve the user experience and product quality.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Bookbug collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Additional information provided to Bookbug. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Bookbug or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Bookbug.
Customer Data will be used by Bookbug in accordance with applicable law.
Bookbug uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Bookbug uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Bookbug tries to make the Services as useful as possible for Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an User, make Services or Third-Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Bookbug. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Bookbug please get in touch through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Bookbug may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments. To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
This section describes how Bookbug may share and disclose Information, as described in the section entitled 'Information We Collect and Receive' above.
- Third-Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third-party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third-Party Service providers to support our common customers. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at Bookbug Subprocessors.
- Forums. The information you choose to provide in a community forum including personal data will be publicly available.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or deidentified Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or deidentified Information with prospects or partners for business or research
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Bookbug, its users, or third parties, including enforcing its contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing illegal activity, fraud, or security issues, including to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.